Brief History of Wholistic Outreach
The Wholistic Outreach, a faith based non profit making agency of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, (RCCG) was founded in April 2002 by the President Pastor Mrs Foluke Adeboye, to offer social services and promote youth and women development both within and outside the church (RCCG).
The birth of the vision is traceable to the moral decadence in our society, reflecting in the hordes of commercial sex workers, increase in numbers of pregnant and stranded teenagers, neglected young girls and ladies in various stages of destitution who are all suffering from the effect of this decadence. The Organization is currently active and effective in the work of social reformation and community development.
- To see young people upholding the values of abstinence, purity and chastity before and sexual fidelity in marriage as a way of life.
- Promote youth and women development within and outside the church through various life skills and spiritual discipleship training as well as provide changed commercial sex workers, stranded teenage girls and stranded single mothers with capacity building and educational opportunities through rehabilitation programs that will bring about character development to restore them to become useful members of the society.
- Share the love of Christ with young women in crisis situation.
- Provide help and support (housing, educational and vocational) to victims of sex trafficking, vulnerable at risk girls e.t.c
- Create awareness on ills of sexual misconduct among youths in RCCG and the Nation at large.
- Train social/church workers working with young people and those willing to go on outreaches in hotels and places where vulnerable girls can be found.
- Create awareness in states vulnerable to child labor and child trafficking on the ills of such practices.
- Train and counsel young women to effectively handle personal, social, and financial crisis.
- Reduce anxiety and emotional disturbances caused by the stress of being homeless and Help Program Develop self-esteem, self-reliance, and self-confidence of young ladies/women who past through our various programs.